focusgov are hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Manager to join the friendly, enthusiastic and growing team at focusgov.
We provide innovative digital solutions for local authorities across the UK, helping them communicate with children-in-care, families with disabled children, young people and care leavers. We do great work and our customers love what we do, and we have won recognition at national government level for several of our projects. Our work genuinely changes the lives of vulnerable groups and is very rewarding to be part of, and since 2016 our client base has grown from three local authorities to eighteen, and we want to continue that growth.
We also work with clients outside of local government, so there will be an opportunity to get involved with several projects where we have built large-scale, bespoke eCommerce and CRM solutions for growing commercial businesses.
Our team consists of account managers, project managers, developers and designers and we are a close knit bunch, some of whom have been here for years (!) and we enjoy our work and support each other, so being a reliable and engaged team player is absolutely essential.
You will be managing and developing existing clients of varying sizes, building excellent relationships and identifying opportunities for new client acquisition. You'll also be helping coach and mentor junior team members.
You’ll report to, work with and be supported by our Client Services Director, however you will be expected to take ownership of and manage your own workload, time and deadlines - ensuring that other team members and client needs are met.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- the primary point of contact, help and advice for a variety of accounts from commercial and local government sectors.
- day to day management of client accounts.
- responsibility for increasing client annual spend and identifying opportunities to sell additional products and services.
- establish a full understanding of each client’s business, their use of digital and wider marketing.
- work with Project Management team in an advisory / overview role (without day to day responsibility for project delivery). Ensure project outcomes meet client expectations as part of the overall client account.
- creating briefs and support tickets, liaising with technical team to ensure completion of work requests within deadlines and meeting quality standards, ensure both client and internal team are communicated with throughout the process.
- mentoring and delegation to junior Client Services team members.
- social media and blogging.
- keep up to date with latest industry trends, techniques and technologies and show genuine enthusiasm in how they can be exploited by our clients and our business.
If you would like to know more, or to request a detailed job description then please contact us by email at:
and we will be in touch.
We are looking to hold interviews throughout April so look forward to hearing from you!
Please, no agencies, thank you.
Back to blog articles