We are hiring! Opportunities in our client services team.
focusgov are creating exciting and innovative tech for local authorities across the UK. Our work helps change the lives of vulnerable people in 25 councils across the UK.
We have ambitious growth plans to become the leading provider of digital solutions and digital transformation services within our space and are looking for someone to join our Client Services team to help us create more relationships, bring more customers on board and enable us to build the next generation of digital products for children and adults services.
We aren't your traditional company, we don't recruit roles, we recruit great people who can help benefit our customers. To get started though, here a few outline tasks that we would expect you to be getting stuck into:
- building great relationships across our customer base and ensuring our customers know what we are up to and how they and their citizens can benefit from our solutions,
- finding and developing sales opportunities with new customers through strategic thinking and marketing; helping us exceed our targets.
- presenting our solutions effectively and confidently, in person and across Zoom, Skype, Teams, Hangouts etc
- understand the local authority market and the landscape that local authority teams work,
- work closely with our team of account managers, techies, designers - be a team player and demonstrable self-starter and self-motivator,
- preparing forecasts and monthly board reports.
Above all, we are looking for someone who can listen. There will be a lot of listening in this role: you’ll pick up hints and comments from our customers about the challenges they face which might lead onto our next product or service; you’ll need to listen to our technical team and understand important concepts about technology so you can talk in a knowledgeable manner to our clients to build their confidence; you’ll need to listen to how to build your own authority in the space and raise awareness of you, and the work we are doing.
A couple of other important points:
- the role is home based and is likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future. We have a small office in Bristol which can be used when it’s safe to do so.
- we are open to meeting candidates from anywhere in UK and who want part time or full time work.
If this sounds like something that makes you think “ooooh, interesting…..” (or something similar) then we would be very happy to hear from you. It’s probably best to drop us an email at [email protected] in the first instance and tell us a bit about yourself, why us and why you.
We look forward to hearing from you and getting the conversation started!
Back to blog articles