We are hiring - Business Development and Growth Manager
We are looking for a Business Development and Growth Manager to join the focusgov team and help us create great digital services that have a positive impact on vulnerable peoples' lives.
We already work with twenty five local authorities throughout the country. Our Care Leavers App is used by many of these to provide help and support to young people leaving care, we also work extensively within SEND and Adult Services. It's an exciting time with lots of genuinely innovative work taking place.
We have ambitious growth plans to become a leading provider of digital solutions and digital transformation services within our space. The main role of the Business Development and Growth Manager will be to increase our revenue and marketshare and run the sales cycle within the business. You will help bring more customers on board and enable us to build the next generation of digital products for Children and Adults Services.
If you have experience in a similar, or in an account management role within a digital agency - or you have experience in selling software to the public sector, then we would love to chat. Some of the things we expect you will be getting stuck into include:
- working through our CRM (Hubspot) and making contacts, building relationships, ensuring we are in the right place when the decision is made to purchase,
- helping our customers overcome challenges they face when commissioning new products and services,
- marketing and raising awareness of our work, updating social media accounts, networking and presenting, blogging,
- reporting and forecasting into the senior management team,
- research into new markets, opportunities and partnerships for our technology and our business.
In addition we are looking for someone who can listen. There will be a lot of listening in this role: you’ll pick up hints and comments from our customers about the challenges they face which might lead onto our next product or service; you’ll need to listen to our technical team and understand important concepts about technology so you can talk in a knowledgeable manner to our clients to build their confidence; you’ll need to listen to build your own authority in the space and raise awareness of you, and the work we are doing.
A couple of other important points:
- the role is home based and is likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future. We have a small office in Bristol (near Temple Meads) which can be used when it’s safe to do so.
- we are open to meeting candidates from anywhere in UK and who want part time or full time work.
Benefits for this role include:
Salary of around £30k plus a very generous commission scheme.
Private Medical Insurance.
Employee Assistance Programme.
Full / Part Time.
Remote and / or office based.
28 days holiday plus additional time off for birthdays / Christmas.
If you would like to apply for this role, then you can do so by sending your CV and an introduction to yourself by email to: [email protected].
A job description is available on request.
Please no agencies at this time - thank you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to blog articles