We have a number of opportunities for web developers with different levels of experience to join our friendly and enthusiastic team.
We are keen to hear from people who might have several years of relevant programming experience including time spent in an agency or people who are looking to start their career in web development and digital.
We have a casual but professional office environment and you'll have access to the latest spec machines to work on. We run our projects using elements of agile and we are ISO9001:2008 certified.
Typically our tech team get involved in:
- coding up complete projects from specification through to deployment.
- new product design and development.
- maintaining existing sites with updates, upgrades and fixes.
- product design, including our own content management system and development of new / enhanced functionality.
- working with business development teams on quotations and preparation of proposals, some liaison with key clients.
Independent of technical experience we are seeking people with:
- a genuine interest in digital and a desire to join an enthusiastic, experienced team creating great products.
- ongoing learning of new skills, techniques and technologies.
- excellent communication skills and a demonstrable ability to manage your own schedule of work to meet deadlines and priorities.
We are interested in hearing from developers that cover any of these bases; so if you are experienced in a few of them, but have an interest in learning the others, we would be interested in talking to you - we don’t expect you to have experience in all the technologies we list:
- we are exclusively Ruby on Rails for all back-end development.
- we find ourselves doing more and more front-end scripting including jQuery, vue.js, and others.
- hybrid App development using Ionic / Angular.
- responsive site build in HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap and also some Sass.
- we use Git and Gitlab to manage process and version control.
Benefits we offer include:
- generous starting salary dependent on skills and experience with regular salary reviews.
- 23 days holiday, increasing 1 day with each full year of service, additional and extended Christmas and New Year holiday.
- company pension scheme (from July 2017).
- based in new offices located in Temple Quay, three minute walk from Temple Meads train station.
- subsidised restaurant on site and other facilities.
- attendance at relevant events and conferences.
- choice of PC / Mac platforms, latest kit.
- everyone makes a contribution and can make a difference.
Applications or any questions about the role should be sent by email to:
We will not be accepting any applications or enquiries for this role from recruitment agencies.