Care Leavers App
Local authorities across the UK are now using the Care Leavers App to publish a Local Offer for their care leavers.
Entirely co-produced with care leavers, the App can be customised by each local authority to meet individual requirements and has been designed to include both national / statutory and local content.
The App functions without an internet or wifi connection, making it a valuable resource that can be available to care leavers on a 24/7 basis.
Key features of the Care Leavers App include:
- Customisable sections of information, advice and guidance across topics including housing, entitlements, managing money, health & wellbeing and preparing to leave care.
- A calendar of local events and activities, helping to reduce social isolation.
- A searchable directory of local services, support groups and organisations that can help care leavers move to independent living.
- Ability to provide content in multiple languages, again entirely customisable by each local authority.
- Mini-address book for storing important contact details.
Local authorities can also benefit from using syndicated content from our content partners - helping provide up-to-date and expert advice to care leavers across a variety of subjects.
The Care Leavers App is available for both iOS and Android platforms.
You can find out more about how the App is being used to provide care leavers with a local offer in our blog article: the Care Leavers App and the Care Leavers Local Offer.