The Care Leavers App is being used by local authorities throughout the UK to support and help young people leaving care. Co-produced with care leavers through a series of engagement and participation workshops held with young people across the country, the App is available on both iOS and Android mobile phone operating systems and in multiple languages.
The App enhances the experience of young people transitioning into adulthood by giving them access to critical information and the ability to contact their personal advisors and social workers quickly and easily.
- Real time feed of apprenticeship opportunities
- Interactive budget planner
- Customisable design and content
- Searchable directory of local services and support groups
- Discounts and offers
- Events calendar
- Mini address book and 'favourites'
- Health passport
- Content available in multiple languages and with accessibility tools
- Secure, private messaging between young people and leaving care teams
- Digital outcomes tool
- Digital pathway plan
- Reporting on statistics and app usage
- Bespoke and unlimited surveys
- Virtual memory box to store and access loved memories, documents and videos
- Designed to function with or without an internet/wifi connection or phone data
- Evidencing effective dissemination of the authorities’ legal duties in relation to policies around supporting to care leavers.
- Improves co-ordination of financial assistance and providing advice and assistance with Care Leavers.
- Increases engagement with care leavers through meaningful participation using digital tools that young people use in their day-to-day lives.
- Optimises staffing resources and processes relating to leaving care support saving over £100k+ per annum in operational costs alone*
*figures based on Care Leaver ROI calculator
- Improved in touch figures
- Increased rate of transition to independent living
- Reduction in NEETs
- Increased take up of local services
- Reduced social isolation
- “Care Leavers have told us that good communication is critical to everything we do. That’s why we’re working with focusgov to develop the GMCA Care Leavers App. There is a great deal of enthusiasm for this new development.”Cllr Mark Hunter - GMCA
Item 1 of 8
You could feature in our case studies
Get in touch to discuss how focusgov can help support your upcoming projects