The Family Services Directory (FSD) has been co-produced with local authorities to enable improved outcomes through the provision of information about local organisations for parents, practitioners, children, young people, partners and providers. The FSD provides innovative digital tools for local authorities that enables them to meet duties from the Childcare Act and Children and Families Act.
To encourage engagement, the FSD is available as a website and/or app and includes the publication of childcare provider data from OFSTED. Alongside the standard directory features sits the digital community platform through which a local authority can take part in safe, secure two-way communication and engagement with parents, families and young people.
- Co-produced with children's services teams
- Content management system
- Events calendar
- ‘Social media’ style encrypted video calling & messaging platform
- Publish childcare provider and childminder information from OFSTED
- Keyword and geographical searches
- Services directory
- Bespoke digital surveys
- Video messaging
- Gather wishes and feelings of your users
- Publish a directory of services, organisations and groups through an accessible, public-facing website.
- Ensure users' opinions are heard, by creating and publishing unlimited digital surveys that can be open to all, or specific groups, or invitation only, with start and expiry dates.
- Save administration time, your organisations can login and manage their own data, with Local Authority moderation / approval.
- Take advantage of already available data by linking up with external sources through APIs.
- Increased take up of local services
- Reduced social isolation
- Increase reach with a customised mobile app, downloadable from the iOS App Store and Google Play.
You could feature in our case studies
Get in touch to discuss how focusgov can help support your upcoming projects